- Perform a SWOT analysis of yourself as a starting point.
- Analyse your competitive environment.
- Plan your personal branding strategy.
- Devise your personal branding action plan.
- Contact a specialist who can help you to bring your own brand digital actions to fruition.
- Measure your results and compare them to your goal.
1.Perform a SWOT analysis of yourself as a starting point
Perform a SWOT analysis of yourself. Be sincere in writing about yourself so that the outcome is as objective as possible. Once you have performed your own SWOT, think about how you can face each of the points highlighted there (how to strengthen your weaknesses, how to make the most of your strengths, what opportunities you can take advantage of and what threats you must be ready to fight).
2.Analyse your competitive environment
Analyse your competitive environment. Make sure that you have clearly defined your competitive environment. This could be your colleagues, other candidates for a vacancy, university classmates while taking a master’s degree…It is important to establish what your position is in this environment (think about what your competitive advantages are over the rest).
3. Plan your personal branding strategy
Plan your personal branding strategy. This strategy must start from your SWOT analysis and must bear in mind that competitive environment you previously defined. Ask yourself these questions: On which of your strengths can you lean to stand out from the rest? What makes you unique and how to boost that? How can you fight those weaknesses that worry you?
4. Devise your personal branding action plan
Devise your personal brand action plan. To settle your strategy, you will have to define specific actions to be carried out (enrolling for a course, reconsidering your image, setting up a youtube account, performing a personal project…). The more specific your actions are (actions definition, start date, expectations…), the better they will be.
5. Contact a specialist who can help you to bring your own brand digital actions to fruition
Contact a specialist who can help you to bring your own brand digital actions to fruition. Contact professionals who help you to design and/or to program your personal brand website and who also help you to film a video that boosts your image on social networking sites. Experts who help you to arrange a shooting in order to start creating your professional digital image.
6. Measure your results and compare them to your goal
Measure your results and compare them to your goal. Make a measuring plan and begin contrasting your results with your goals.
To finish, just three pieces of good advice to apply to your personal brand plan:
- It is essential that all your digital actions should be coherent among themselves so as to project a consistent image in the digital environment (it’s no use projecting an imagen on, say, Linkedin which is completely different from the image you project on other social networks).
- Your personal brand must be authentic. You have to identify with it in order to make your personal brand credible.
- Do not forget to create your own identity on Google so as to become better known by the public.